Tuesday 28 May 2013

Review: Supercat Liquid Liner

Hola,

The other day I was looking for a new liquid eyeliner, and I finally decided on a product- Supercat, by Soap & Glory. I have an undying love for S&G, especially their Hand Food cream, so I was really pleased when I found this. And I am not disappointed!

Here are a few photos...


I love the packaging! It is true Soap & Glory style- girly and bold. The pink, gold and black immediatly caught my eye on the shelves in Boots.



It comes in a really neat pen form with a firm, pointed tip which is good for detail (flicks, etc). The fine tip allows thin lines but you can do thick if you turn it sideways. The colour is carbon black, so it's pretty bold when you put it on, which I think is really good.


Excuse my terrible skin- it's still a bit chapped from the winter- but you can see that the pigment gets into all the nooks and crannies of my skin. This gives it a really even finish, and it doesn't smudge easily like some liquid liners do. Plus, it's fairly cheap at £6.00 from Boots.

The only negatives I can find for Supercat are that:
1) It was really faint on first use, and took several uses to get the liquid flowing.
2) It is not waterproof AT ALL. I forgot about the swatch on my hand and was walking through town in the rain, and the next thing I knew it looked like an ink pen had exploded over my skin. Just something to bear in mind!

But apart from that, I really can't fault this product, and I'm sure I will be buying it again once the first pen runs out. I'd definitely recommend it to eyeliner lovers out there.

Tomorrow I will post some photos of me wearing Supercat in some different styles, but I'm in danger of rambling so that will do for now!

Lorna xxx

10 comments:

  1. Love your blog!

    Cassie xx

    http://facebeforelace.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love felt tip eyeliners! Too bad it isn't waterproof.

    xx,
    mashasmumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I know, but it's still a great eyeliner xx

      Delete
  3. Wonderful post. I've never tried any Soap and Glory makeup. I'll have to check it out!
    Kallie
    http://butfirstcoffeeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should! You'll probably become addicted like me haha ;)

      Delete
  4. I love how black it is! Ive never tried this, but I might just give it a go. xo

    http://blossomeclectic.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow looks great. Will be eagerly waiting for more.

    My Blog :- Nature Health Secrets

    And will love to hear from you. I am a new follower of yours on GFC and Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I appreciate every comment and I am happy to hear your thoughts and opinions. Feel free to make suggestions and to leave a link to your blog.

Lorna xxx