|My valentines day nails!|
Do you like them? These ones are the best because I am right handed and I had to do the other nails with my left hand. They looked a bit mangled.
For this design I used 3 nail varnishes-
Oil slick, £4 from Accessorize
Natural Collection clear, £1.90 from Boots
Models Own nail art pen in white, £6.10 from Boots
- Give your nails a base coat. You don't have to use the Natural Collection one, but I like it. It is very liquidy but it dries quickly and is quite cheap.
- Wait for the clear varnish to dry and then paint over it in your desired colour. I used 'Oil slick', which is a glittery dark blue. It's a really good nail polish but I had to put on 3 layers to get a bright colour.
- Go over your nails another coat of the clear varnish. This will stop the colour from chipping.
- Draw on the hearts. My new nail pen is amazing, you can add really tiny details but if you twist off the top there is a normal nail polish brush as well. I had to practise the hearts on paper first though because its really difficult to get them right first time. This was my third time using this type of design and I still got my whole right hand wrong ;)
- Finish with one or two top coats of clear. Voila!
|My finished nails (left hand)|
I luuurve this design! But its not something you can do quickly. I started mine at 9pm and didnt finish until 10.15 (whoops). I definitely recommend it though!
Thanks for reading xxx